Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pinnacle Peak, Arizona


Pinnacle Peak is the subject of my latest painting (I haven't come up with a title yet), a small piece I squeezed in between other projects. The size is 08" x 10" / 20cm x 25cm and, as usual, is acrylic on panel:

Pinnacle Peak, AZ, Arizona, Scottsdale, rocks, boulders, mountain, cactus, saguaro, desert, Sonoran desert, painting, art, landscape, ocotillo, palo verde, clouds, blue sky, cloud shadows

Sadly, the desert scenery has been removed and the Peak is now surrounded by streets, houses, shops and golf courses. I'm glad I had an opportunity to see it in its natural glory way back in March, 1983.

(Note: Pinnacle Peak Park is still located on the other side of the Peak, and one can still access the hiking trails that meander across the hill -- only the view just ain't the same).

Mark Junge
www.MarkJunge.com

 

No comments: