Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pinnacle Peak


Pinnacle Peak is the title (and the view) of my latest painting. This special place is located northeast of Scottsdale, AZ. The dimensions are 18" x 24" / 46cm x 61cm.

Pinnacle Peak,AZ,Arizona,southwest,western,desert,Sonoran,saguaro,cactus,hill,mountain,spring,flowers,brittlebush,Encelia,hawk,rabbit,cottontail,bunny.bunnies,palo verde,tree,clouds,rain,raining,rainy,hike,hiking


For some reason, this painting was hard to photograph and make it look like the painting. Close, but no cee-gar.

Here is a detail that shows the bunnies I painted in:

Southwest,southwestern,West,western,desert,cottontail,rabbit,bunny,bunnies,brittlebush,Encelia,flowers

I like the way the painting turned out, but I left myself some room to re-do it several times over -- which I suspect I will do, in time.

Sadly, although the Peak itself is still there with it's hiking trails (it's included in Pinnacle Peak State Park), the surrounding desert is gone. The virgin desert I depicted is now homes, roads, golf courses, a resort, and -- I believe -- a few shops and eateries.

Who knows -- maybe someone who lives near Pinnacle Peak will want paintings on their walls showing how the area used to look!


 

No comments: