Saturday, August 16, 2008

Me N Bob Ross


I couldn't resist!!! -->

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go paint some happy little cactus now. (I'll have to confess -- I got the idea for the picture from another artist's blog!)


Actually, I always got a kick out of watching (the real) Bob Ross paint. His technique never changed, and while I don't think his paintings will ever hang in the great art museums of the world, I was intrigued that it was even possible to start and finish a painting in 1/2 hour.

Plus, the guy really encouraged his viewers not to be afraid and to give it a shot. I've known people who would be scared to death to "mess up" a canvas; sometimes, I feel that way myself.

But Bob told us to go for it, there are only happy accidents, his clouds and trees are all happy and they live in the places he assigned to them, and sometimes we have to make big decisions about adding new and imposing elements.

Life is sort of like that, too, isn't it?

No comments: