Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Almost


I thought I'd be finished with the Paint-In painting by now, but I had to re-work a few elements.

As you can see in the picture on the left, I added five bighorn sheep to the painting. I think they turned out OK (although it's actually harder for me to paint small images of critters than it is to paint larger ones). That is, until I realized I painted them a little TOO small compared to the ocotillo on the top of the hill at left and the creosote bush that's below it. Those made the bighorns look like miniatures!

So I "pruned" the ocotillo and bush (compare with the picture on the right), touched up the sky somewhat, which is not yet finished. Today I hope to downsize the ocotillo, and I already took care of the creosote bush.

So hopefully my NEXT picture of the painting will show it finished!

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Mark,

It's a great work of art.
The colours are very realistic and the perspective is convincing.
I like its composition and your technique is quite good.

Kind regards,

José

Mark J said...

Thanks!