Friday, March 13, 2009

A Local Show




I finally finished the Paint-In painting today, but I want to wait until I get a high-quality photo of the piece for posting.

So as an alternative, our local nature museum is having a show of two styles of art: one is devoted to artwork that shows, in some way, the flowers of the desert. The other consists of assemblages of recycled items. All of this is scheduled to run through Earth Day next month.

As you might suspect, I entered two paintings with desert flowers in them. Here I am at the reception with two of the museum female employees (good thing we're all on good terms: The Wiffee took the pictures!) in front of one painting, and I'm pointing to a small painting as an artist friend looks on. (Funny how the camera makes it look like my hair is thinning!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very good gallery concept!

Cheers,
Clayrn Darrow
M.IV

Mark J said...

You mean...clowning around for the camera? =)

Anonymous said...

Hehe--What a riot.