Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Lizard

I've been on somewhat of a lizard kick lately -- either looking for them or painting them!


This is a desert spiny lizard. I've actually discussed this particular little critter in a previous post. But now I've finally completed a painting of it, sitting on the skeleton of a cholla cactus. There were some thin miscellaneous branches covering part of the lizard (as you can see in the photo), but I had no trouble filling in the hidden parts.


Fun! Painting lizards up-close is a little different for me, but I'm hoping there are others who like lizards as much as I do and who can't live without this painting!

2 comments:

cactuscat said...

Love the photo and painting. We've got a spiny desert lizard that hangs out near the front door. At night it climbs up the stucco to the porch light and catches the flying insects. Pretty smart! I've enjoyed your blog, photos and paintings on the Desert Sun site. I've tried several times to register with them but never get their promised e-mail so I can't leave comments for the bloggers. Look forward to seeing your work at the art show in October. "Mojave Light" is incredible!

Mark J said...

Thanx! Sounds like your lizard has got a good thing going!

Hmmm...I wonder why you're not getting registered with TDS site. It's been a long time since I've done that, so I don't remember if it takes a few days or weeks, or if you're just not getting into the system for some reason.

Be sure and let me know you're "cactuscat" when you come by in October!