Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wotta hole!!!


The Grand Canyon...there's nothing like it. My wife and I went on a trip to to the area and arrived at the East entrance to the Grand Canyon amidst a rain/snow mix. We couldn't see the Canyon at all...at first. But we continued on, thinking we'd just head to the hotel and stay out of the weather. Then we arrived at Moran Point, where the clouds were clearing and spots of sunlight were dancing across the formations. OF COURSE, I just had to paint it! I painted it the way it looked; next time I may make it even more dramatic.


The next turnout, Grandview, had similar lighting and clouds floating by. I've seen that in photos and paintings, but I've never seen that for myself in real life. It didn't last long, however, and soon we were back to gray fog out there. But we had a few moments of magic, and they'll stay with us for a lifetime!


No comments: