Thursday, May 18, 2017

Ida River


My latest painting was a commission for someone I know who lives in Washington state. The location is somewhere along the Ida River in Leavenworth, WA. I've never been to this location, but the person sent me a pretty nice photo to work from.

Ida River,river,forest,woods,douglas fir,stones,rocks,bald eagle,mountain,Leavenworth,WA,Washington
Ida River     18" x 24"

Ida River,river,forest,woods,douglas fir,bald eagle,Leavenworth,WA,Washington
Ida River - Detail
I added a couple of items that did not appear in the photograph -- two bald eagles! One is flying low over the river, looking for fish to capture and eat. A second eagle is lifting off from a distant tree, embarking on its own food-finding mission.

I hope the new owner will enjoy the painting for the rest of his life.


www.SouthwestSpaces.com
www.MarkJunge.com

No comments: