Tuesday, October 18, 2016

An EASTERN Landscape?!?-


An eastern landscape?!? I thought Mark Junge was a painter of western and desert landscapes!!

Well, I love autumn colors, and although the West has its share, the East coast has all of the ochers, rusts, oranges and reds that make fall so much of what it is.

upstate New York,Hudson River Valley,Catskill Mountains,fall,autumn,storm,clouds,barn,silo,trees,farm,ranch,fall colors,blue sky
In the Catskills               11" x 14 '/ 28cm x 36cm              acrylic/panel
This is a scene we happened upon on a trip we made to upstate New York. The view, while less colorful than many other sites we visited, had the neat little barn or storage shed, a few other small buildings and a small silo. I don't know if this area was used to grow hay or if it was pasture land (there was a barbed-wire fence around the lot, which I didn't paint in). Also, the fence was mostly hidden by a "hedge" of small shrubs; again, I painted only a few in the foreground.

When it's actually fall, that's when I feel the most like painting autumn scenes. Seems like once we pass Christmas, all thoughts of painting fall or Christmas/winter artworks melts with the snow. (Actually, BEFORE the snow melts).

So for now, I'm indulging myself with autumn paintings. Maybe I can finish another one or two before the holidays are over.

http://www.SouthwestSpaces.com
http://www.MarkJunge.com

 

No comments: